Seeking Help for a Dental Emergency in Windsor
If you sustain an injury to your mouth, you know that a trip to the dentist is urgently needed. But what about other aches and pains? How do you know when emergency dental treatment is necessary?
If you experience any of the problems outlined below, you should contact your dentist immediately.
- If you lose a tooth, pick it up by the crown and try to place it in the socket, or place it in a glass of milk. If you get to the dentist within 30 minutes, the dentist may be able to reimplant it.
- Broken or chipped teeth can often be repaired. If possible, save the chip.
- Broken brace wires can become embedded in the soft tissues of your mouth. Do not remove them yourself – see us immediately.
Some problems do not require urgent care but do need attention:
- Swelling and pain should never be ignored, even if the pain is manageable. A dentist can identify the problem and prevent an infection from spreading.
- Loose teeth can be a sign of disease and should be examined.
- Food and bacteria can become trapped in the space left by a lost filling, so treatment is needed.
- Bleeding gums can be a sign of gum disease and should be checked by a dentist.
- Children who lose a primary tooth early may need a spacer to stop other teeth from drifting into the gap.
- Tooth extractions can be completed on-site to ease pain and any discomfort.
When in doubt about an emergency, always contact us for advice on whether immediate treatment is needed.
We Are Here To Look After All Of Your Dental Needs
If you or your family is looking for a new dentist, get in touch with us today.
We always strive to provide a comfortable dental experience while tailoring to your individual needs.